Sunday, December 12, 2010

The calm before the storm.....

is how I best describe what today will be like around here!  We received notification late last week that our TA had been received, the consulate appointment applied for and all we were awaiting was the official notification from the consulate of what our appointment date was.  The dates our coordinator applied for were December 27th and 29th which means that we would leave this coming week and be home on or around the New Year!  Can you believe it?  We cannot and have been sitting on pins and needles all weekend trying to remain grounded as we await the news!  We expect that we will get the conformation late today or very early Monday morning from our coordinator as we are 12 hours behind Guangzhou.  I will refrain from too much more for this post and will save the overarching details for Monday afternoon.  I am sure that the first phone call after the conformation will be to American Airlines to get on the first flight to China!  Till then......

Mike (we must have an aisle seat!), Ann Marie (do I have Ambien?) and Savannah (I need to tell Santa Clause I will be in China!) Kennedy


1 comment:

  1. so, so excited for you - I will be waiting to hear more definite plans!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!

    Blessings, Ashley

    ReplyDelete