Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Just another day at the office




figuratively speaking! Today was the finalization of Aiden¹s adoption with
regards to the Chinese Government.

The day once again started around 4:30 am local time as there were two kids
in the room and one Mom that did not sleep a wink!  Dad slept okay, but I
think that Ann Marie and I are both missing that broken in Sealy Pillow Top
back in Holly Springs!  Savannah is still struggling with the time change
but Aiden did really well with a few bouts of ³I think I am in the wrong
place² crib toss thrown in during the night.  After some in-room coffee and
getting the showers and dressing out of the way the first foray into
³Kennedy, Family of 4² headed down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast!
No matter how many times we eat brekfast in China, its still fun to go in
and see what they have on the buffet!  Not that I mind banana cake and
cookies, but waldorf salad and beef lo-mien just seem out of place!  But
hey, lets live life on the edge!  After breakfast we met Mary in the lobby
to finish the paperwork. After a meeting at the previous days hotel with the
Civil Affairs official we made our way to the Notary to complete the signing
of the documents.  Aiden was now officially ours in the eyes of the Chinese
Government!  One Government down, one to go!

Afterwards Mary and our driver took us to the local Wal-Mart to get some
items for our remaining days in Nanning.  Savannah was excited as she found
a whole assortment of Lychee Jello, one of her favorites, plus we got a kick
out of being one of the only Americans in the store!  You know, sort of like
a good night in the Fuquay Varina, North Carolina Wal-Mart (inside joke for
all of you who live in that area)!  As a special treat we went over to the
McDonalds across the street so that Savannah and Aiden could get Happy Meals
and I could continue my quest in eating in as many McDonalds on foreign soil
as I can! Not that I love McDonalds, but it¹s just so darn funny! When we
returned to the hotel we all decided a nap was in our best interest due to
the droopy eyes and blank stares on the van ride back.  Savannah, Aiden and
I had a good two-hour napS.Mom on the other hand got less than 30 minutes. I
think she needs Ambien!

After the nap we headed over to the grocery one more time for some snacks
and a detergent bar to clean one of our first disasters regarding clothing.
On the way back Ann Marie let Aiden carry the bag that contained the Oreo
Mini¹s he and Savannah picked out.  To my dismay, I was the bad guy who had
to remove the bag from Aiden¹s strong grip and I am now the bad guy (I knew
it would come someday!), but we will work through this one.  For dinner we
took a trip over to the restaurant next to the hotel that is actually like 8
small restaurants in a row that mimic the was food is sold on the street
with each serving a different type of meal, just under one roof.  The food
was good, reasonably priced and we slowly made our way back to the room to
start the shutting down for the day.

As I type, Savannah and Mom are resting in bed while Aiden¹s low crying
fades away in the crib right next to them.  I meanwhile sit with the best
channel on TV (thank you National Geographic) lighting my desk and keeping
me from going insane. Tomorrow is a free day for us in Nanning and we plan
to go to the park nearby for some family time.  So with that in mind I will
close out today by saying good morning, good evening and goodnight to all of
you reading our posts and we cannot wait to be home!  Till thenSS

Michael (did you order me the sautéed pig knuckles again?), Ann Marie (who
knew a body that small could product so much poop!), and Savannah (why do I
need to eat more than noodles and peaches?), Aiden (where did you hide the
Oreo cookies old man?) Kennedy


Just when eating out was getting back to normal....
 

 Ready....set.....GO!


 Waiting on the officials to make it official!


 Okay, this is country number 18!


 We love nap time!


Coming back from the grocery one more time.


Remember, do not touch this bag!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann Marie, your mom has been keeping me updated on your adoption but I just caught up on your (Michael's) bog and I'm so thrilled for you guys! Congratulations!! And what a wonderful Christmas gift for you and your family!!
    Blessings, Andrea Sapienza

    ReplyDelete