Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just then you think you are in the dark......

....the light shines brightest!!  Okay, I know I was high and mighty on my last post with statistics, probability theory, quantam physics and so forth, but sometimes you just get ahead of the game and forget where you are at!  Ann Marie and I were chatting about receiving our TA when she heard from our adoption coordinator that CCAA was working on about 200 travel authorizations for traditional adoptions in China and that ours may be stuck behind that backlog, thus possibly pushing out our departure for Aiden until after the first of the year.  I was a little depressed as I had built up my hopes to leave before that, but when I truly thought about how long these 200 families had been waiting for their children (some as long as 4 years) I was able to put aside the frustration and be truly happy for them and their new family members waiting patiently a world away.

So with that being said, when I got to work on Wednesday of this week Ann Marie called to tell me that our adoption coordinator had just emailed her with the news about the 200 TA's.  My heart sank and I looked back at my computer calendar just to see when I have set aside a date for our TA to arrive.  Much to my surprise I found that I had set December 6th as the day I thought we would get a TA, not November 29th!  I thought that was funny and went about my day as normal not giving it another thought based on what we had heard in the earlier email.



Then came Friday.  Ann Marie got another email from our coordinator that stated the following;

"Your TA has already been printed and was on the director's desk for his signature when I called last night.  The TA officer told me that she might not be able to get the TA out on Friday, but should be out on Monday."

Thats right!  We will know our Travel Dates next week!  Oh yea!  Its so close it is scary!  With that in mind we have to start preparing for Christmas, a work trip to Switzerland for Ann Marie next week and a trip to China to bring home our son all in the next couple of days!  Hectic and stressful, but I do not think we would have it any other way!

Keep your fingers crossed and whisper a little prayer when you can and I think we will be just fine!  Till then........

Michael "can we take workout gear", Ann Marie "already have a packing list" and Savannah "when do we get my little brother" Kennedy

3 comments:

  1. gān bēi!!!! I am toasting to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing those fingers, whispering a prayer!

    Blessings, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying too! Merry Christmas to all of you! Stults Family

    ReplyDelete